Computer science mcqs
Computer science mcqs
What does the acronym PDF stand for?
(a) Portable Documenting Format (b) Portable Documentation File
(c) Portable Documentation Format (d) Portable Document Format
(e) Portable Document File (Ans : d)
- LSI in chip technology stands for–
(a) Large-Scale Integration (b) Low-Scale Internet (c) Local-Scale Integration
(d) Large-Scale Internet (e) Low-Scale Integration (Ans : a)
- Which of the following best describes a network in which a company’s data and applications are stored at offsite data centers that are accessed over the Internet?
(a) Extranet (b) Intranet (c) Virtual Private Network
(d) Cloud Computing (e) Local Area Network (Ans : d)
- Which of the following is not a binary number?
(a) 110 (b) 1001 (c) 100110 (d) 233 (e) 11101 (Ans : d)
- Micro Processor speed is measured in–
(a) megabytes (b) bytes (c) kilobytes (d) gigabytes (e) gigahertz (Ans : e)
- Computer science mcqs
- ……….is a computer hardware component that connects a computer to computer network.
(a) Networking Internet Connection (b) Newer Industrial Computer
(c) Network Integration Card (d) Network Internal card
(e) Network Interface Card (Ans : e)
- A hard disk drive consists of several fixed, rotating disks called–
(a) platters (b) RAIDs (c) cylinders (d) plotters (e) mini -disks (Ans : a)
- Which of the following is the correct order of the four major functions of a computer?
(a) Process, Storage, Input, Output (b) Input, Process, Output, Storage
(c) Process, Output, Input, Storage (d) Storage, Output, Process, Input
(e) Input, Output, Process, Storage (Ans : b)
- What does the acronym PROM stand for?
(a) Programmer Read-Only Memory (b) Programmable Read-Only Memory
(c) Programmable Read-Only Memory (d) Program Read-Only Memory
(e) Programmed Read-Only Memory (Ans : b)
- Which of the following is an electronic or paper log used to track computer activity?
(a) Monitor (b) Trace route (c) Cookie (d) Audit trail (e) Web log (Ans : d)
- The largest unit of storage is–
(a) Byte (b) Terabyte (c) Megabyte (d) Kilobyte (e) Gigabyte (Ans : b)
- Which of the following devices sends and receives data over telephone lines to and from computers?
(a) Modem (b) Expansion slot (c) Printer (d) Speaker (e) Sound Card (Ans : a)
- How many bytes are there in a terabyte?
(a) 1000 (b) 1 billion (c) 1 trillion (d) 1 million (e) 1 quadrillion (Ans : c)
- Which is a pointing device?
(a) Joystick (b) Monitor (c) Scanner (d) Plotter (e) Printer (Ans : a)
- Checking whether a program functions correctly, and then correcting errors, is known as–
(a) decoding (b) error-proofing a program (c) debugging
(d) de-erroring (e) default error-checking (Ans : c)
- This system conversion called ……….involves running the old and new systems simultaneously before converting completely to the new system.
(a) pilot conversion (b) convergent conversion (c) phased conversion
(d) direct conversion (e) parallel conversion (Ans : e)
- Programs such as Mozilla Firefo that serve as navigable windows into web are called–
(a) Internet (b) Networks (c) Web browser (d) URL (e) Hypertext (Ans : c)
- Which of the following protects the system from hackers?
(a) Snort (b) Scanner (c) Firewall (d) Backup (e) Hub (Ans : c)
- What is Linux ?
(a) Input Device (b) Operating System (c) Processor
(d) Storage Device (e) Output Device (Ans : b)
- The cell reference for range D20 to H35 in MS Excel will be–
(a) D20 + H35 (b) D20:H35 (c) D20;H35
(d) D20 – H35 (e) D20,H35 (Ans : b)
- The digital telecommunications term ISDN is an abbreviation for–
(a) International Services Digital Network (b) Integrated Standard Digital Networks Computer science mcqs
(c) Internet Services Data Network (d) Interactive Standard Dynamic Networks
(e) Integrated Services Digital Network (Ans : e)
- Verification of login name and password is known as–
(a) Logging in (b) Alienation (c) Certification (d) Authentication (e) Configuration (Ans : d)
- If you change Windows 98 operating system to Windows XP, you are performing a(n)–
(a) Push up (b) Patch (c) Upgrade (d) Update (e) Pull down (Ans : c)
- While using MS Word, which key deletes text before, or to the left of the insertion point?
(a) Escape (b) Delete (c) Backspace (d) Page down (e) Page up (Ans : c)
- The minimum number of rows and columns in MS Word document is–
(a) 1 and 2 (b) 1 and 1 (c) 2 and 2 (d) 2 and 1 (e) 3 and 3 (Ans : b)
- VoIP stands for–
(a) Voice Over Internet Protocol (b) Visual Object Integration Protocol
(c) Virtual Object Integration Program (d) Virtual Object Integration Protocol
(e) Voice Object Integration Program (Ans : a)
- Which of the following place the common data elements in order from smallest to largest?
(a) Character, record, field, database, file (b) Character, file, record, field, database
(c) Character, record, field, file, database (d) Character, field, record, file, database
(e) Database, file, record, field, character (Ans : d)
- Which of the following is not an output device in computer organization ?
(a) Plotter (b) Speaker (c) Scanner (d) Monitor (e) Printer (Ans : c)
- The process of writing computer instructions in a programming language is known as–
(a) Algorithming (b) Processing (c) File (d) Instructioning (e) Coding (Ans : e)
- Which language is directly understood by the computer without translation program?
(a) High level language (b) Low level language (c) Middle level language
(d) Assembly language (e) Machine language (Ans : e